Monday 11 June 2007

Oh please no!

I think I speak for all Liverpool fans by saying how appalled I am at the suggestion we are to splash out £16 million on Diego Forlan.
This tool proved in his time at United that he couldn't hit a barn door from five yards. May I present exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBgN-0SvUI&NR=1. True, he has been a consistent performer in Spain, but over recent years there is plenty of evidence that this is no guarantee of success in the premiership. Newcastle's signings of Luque and Cordone are two particularly vivid examples, but I could spend hours listing the names.
This aside, his signing would be a major step back for a club which announced such ambitious plans at the tail end of last season. If it was a choice between buying Malouda and Forlan or Samuel Eto'o, I can see only one course of action. Eto'o is a match winner. This is the one thing missing from the Liverpool squad and he'll score 30 goals a year for you.
Lets hope Messrs Hicks and Gillett see sense and give Rafa the money he needs. If they fail to live up to their previous promises, I can see Rafa walking and that will cost them a lot more in the long run.

No comments: