Tuesday 22 May 2007

Nervous times ahead!!!

I don't think I was nervous before the 2005 Champions League final. I think shock was the predominant emotion - shock that a team of about four footballers and a bunch of misfits managed to get through to Istanbul. This time out I'm all at sea and the concentration is waning for the past few days. I think the expectation this time around is harder to deal with than the carefree "we're just glad to be here" attitude of 2 years ago.

I believe the Liverpool team this time can match and beat Milan. There is a strong squad there especially in midfield. Rafa also has a lot more to work with in attack. In 2005 he only had two out and out strikers in the 16 man squad and of those two, Cisse was only half fit. This time he has Kuyt, Crouch, Bellamy and Fowler. None of them have been prolific this year, but any of them can win you a game.

I am going to call it as an odd goal victory for Liverpool. Could be 3-2. I'm also backing Harry Kewell to exorcise his Istanbul demons and be a positive influence on the game. Second guessing Rafa's selection is tough but here goes:

Reina
Finnan Carragher Agger Riise
Mascherano Alonso
Pennant Gerrard Kewell
Kuyt

Come on redmen!
YNWA.

No comments: